EFFECTIVE PRESENTATIONS IN ENGLISH
Develop your English presentation skills to transform yourself from inexperienced speaker to skilled presenter.
Unstable economic times can mean fast and frequently unexpected organizational changes, greater responsibilities and new projects and initiatives. Being a confident, polished speaker is not only necessary but well-advised in order to communicate such matters effectively and persuasively.
This FR online course offers presentation tips and strategies to help you develop your presentation skills and learn how to present your ideas with conviction, control and poise—and without fear. You’ll gain the specific presentation skills and direction you need to become comfortable with your own style. And you’ll receive expert advice on how to handle especially challenging situations. Most important, you’ll gain effective presentation skills by making actual presentations.
- Confidently Deliver Your Presentations in English with Clarity and Conviction;
- Apply the Elements Essential to Develop, Organize, and Deliver Effective Presentations in English;
- Utilize Best Practices to Maximize Your Presentation Strengths and Minimize Your Weaknesses; and
- Use Relaxation Techniques to Overcome Nervousness.
Balancing Verbal and Nonverbal Messages
- Explain the Need to Balance Style and Substance;
- Identify the Importance of Nonverbal (Visual and Vocal) Messages;
- Receive Feedback on the Nonverbal Messages You Send; and
- Practice Nonverbal Impact Skills to Reduce Nervousness and to Engage the Attention of Your Listeners
Developing and Organizing Presentation Content
- Set Presentation Parameters;
- Create an Audience Profile;
- Tap into What You Already Know;
- Identify What You Need to Find Out;
- Structure Your Information;
- Demonstrate How to Condense the Speech Outline into Notes You Can Speak From;
- Explain the Benefits of Rehearsing, Adhering to a Time Frame, and Speaking from Notes; and
- Demonstrate How to Reduce Stress and Speaker’s Anxiety
Using Visual Aids and Support Materials
- Describe the Purpose of Visual Aids and Support Materials;
- Distinguish Among Visual Aids, Speaker’s Notes, and Audience Handouts;
- Identify the Tips for Effective Composition of Visual Content;
- Describe the Criteria for Selection Among the Many Types of Visual Aid Media; and
- Demonstrate Guidelines for Interacting with Visual Aids and Managing Handouts.
Creating Engagement—Verbal Impact and Interactivity
- Create Engagement with Audiences and Increase Their Participation;
- Use Sensory-Based Language Stories, and Analogies to Enhance Your Verbal Impact;
- Interact with Your Audience Using Both Verbal and Nonverbal Techniques; and
- Present with Others in an Organized and Supportive Manner.
The Presentation Environment
- Explain the Importance of the Question-and-Answer Session;
- Demonstrate How to Respond Professionally to Questions from the Audience;
- Be Able to Participate, Avoid, and Handle Equipment Problems; and
- Identify What Logical Arrangements to Check.