Online Communication Skills Bootcamp
Text messaging, emails, the Blackberry—there’s no shortage of ways to communicate quickly in the Digital Age. But what happens face-to-face when you need to find the right words and communicate them in the right way?
Let’s face it: there’s no substitute for in person, one-on-one communication, and having the skills to master such interactions is crucial for both business and personal success. This unique, online course is designed to give you a strong foundation in essential communication skills and competencies. Through practice sessions and role plays, you’ll be on your way to developing the confidence and communication know-how you need to establish yourself in the business world—and keep moving ahead throughout your career.
- Optimize communication skills you already have;
- Get strategies to better assimilate verbal information;
- Effectively interpret the knowledge you hear;
- Improve work relationships and reduce misunderstandings;
- Communicate clearly and appropriately—and with greater confidence;
- Choose the right words even in difficult circumstances; and
- Expand your influence and be recognized for your skills.
What You Will Cover
Assessing Your Communication Skills
- Understanding the skills you already possess; and
- Assessing your effectiveness and identifying improvement areas;
Developing Your Listening Competencies
- Defining the competencies of effective listening;
- Identifying the different components of the information you’re hearing;
- How to take a more active role when listening; and
- Increasing comprehension through mental openness and feedback.
Increasing Cognitive Skills to Promote Comprehension
- Discerning, analyzing and evaluating;
- Visual aspects of verbal communication;
- Relating information productively to your own experiences;
- Creating mental cross-references between old and new information; and
- Framing statements and discussions.
Roadmap for Clearer Communication
- Understanding effective body language and appropriate word choice;
- Finding mutual connections or similarities to enhance communication;
- Controlling emotions and establishing the right tone of voice;
- Storytelling with imagery, passion and evocative language; and
- Creating a personal action plan
Who Should Attend
Early and mid-career professionals or anyone interested in enhancing their fundamental verbal communication skills, including coordinators, specialists, analyst, consultants, associate managers and project managers and leadership-track administrative professionals.