ENGLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR WOMEN
Delivering Your Message with Poise and Confidence
Have you ever been told (or felt) you’re too stiff, timid, aggressive, nervous, bossy, emotional, have a boring voice, or lack confidence? If you want to be considered leadership material, it’s essential to hone your verbal and nonverbal messages. The executive presence for women training seminar helps you do just that.
This FR online course explores the key components of being "powerful." In a supportive atmosphere, you’ll get honest feedback from your instructor and peers, benefit from videotaping and improvisation practice, and get a realistic idea of your current power image. You’ll then identify and practice improving your power presence. Filled with personalized coaching and intensive feedback, this is the ideal seminar for women who want to influence and maximize their executive presence.
Effective presentation skills are a critical element of success in the workplace and beyond. The ability to state your ideas effectively and deliver with confidence enhances your standing with audiences large and small. This FR course will focus on best practices from an experienced speech coach who has worked.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how body language and verbal behaviors affect your image as a speaker;
- Recognize how small changes can improve your ability to be perceived as a powerful speaker;
- Use your verbal and body language in appropriate ways to increase your influence when speaking;
- Understand how powerful leaders vary and balance their verbal and body language depending on the circumstances;
- Learn how to project confidence in any business situation; and
- Receive personalized coaching and thorough feedback from your instructors and peers.
What You Will Cover
- Understanding how to demonstrate confidence and command respect when you speak.
- Knowing how to exude positive energy when needed;
- Targeting your body language and determining how to get results
- Identifying your current body language profile: Are you high or low power?
- Understanding the impact of your personal appearance;
- Identifying image derailers and words and phrases to avoid; and
- Practicing being the “confident speaker” even when you have doubts.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a signature speaking style;
- Tailor the message to your audience;
- Be taken seriously;
- Be polished and prepared; and
- Overcome public speaking anxiety.
- Identify the Components of a Powerful Executive Presence When Speaking;
- Assess Your Present Executive Image;
- Apply Proven Techniques and Power Posed to Display Authentic Personal Confidence and Presence;
- Recover from Verbal and Nonverbal Slip-Ups and Mismanaged Emotions to Retain Presence.
Understand the Pillars of Speaking Presence
- Recognize That Executive Credibility Is Shaped Through Intentional Preparation and Use of the Pillars of Executive Presence;
- Identify Personal Authentic Expression of the Pillars of Executive Presence; and
- Apply Mental Elements of Confident Presence: Reprogramming Unhelpful Self-Talk and Empowering Visualization.
Leverage Intentional Presence
- Demonstrate a Capacity to Use a Story to Develop and Deliver a Memorable Speaking Presence;
- Evaluate Professional Presence Through Review of Work and Guided Instructor Feedback;
- Identify Nonverbal Behavior Choices to Be Part of an Intentional Executive Presence Profile; and
- Recognize and Avoid Use of Verbal and Nonverbal “Derailers”.
Gain Impact Using Powerful Poses and Presence
- Identify and Use the Four Power Poses Archetypes to Flex to Situational Executive Presence; and
- Adapt Personal Presence Using Power Poses, Composure, and Emotional Management.
Recovery with Flexible, Polished Presence
- Appraise Challenging Situations and Intentionally Select Behaviors That Will Emphasize Executive Image and Reduce Perceptions of Aggressiveness or Acting Pushy;
- Identify a Variety of Actions to Take When Needing to Recover from a Presence Slip-up;
- Analyze and Adapt Personal Presence Using Power Poses, Composure, and Emotional Management in a Simulated Meeting Situation; and
- List Strategies to Consistently Exhibit Flexible Polished Speaking Presence.