English for Banking and Finance Professionals
Intermediate to Advanced
Tailored and Personalized
In today's global economy, multi-national companies manage assets and financial resources worth billions. As
the global economy diversifies, so companies need to become more effective in managing the financial health
of subsidiaries in diverse and complex international markets. In addition, global investors carefully
analyze quarterly financial reports and companies who communicate improved performance successfully can
expect further investment.
As the global economy increases its reliance on English as the global language of finance, so CFOs, Financial Controllers, Financial Directors and other finance professionals need to master their understanding of written and spoken English within the context of their roles. Whether it is handling major shareholders and investors or addressing the financial media at results time, excellence in English has become an invaluable skill.
Turning Theory into Practice
This course encourages participants to share ideas and experiences in order to facilitate the development of
communication skills in relevant financial situations and contexts. The program will be based around the
needs of the participants, developing language skills through discussion, role-plays, presentations,
vocabulary development, language analysis, negotiation practice all in the context of the core functions of
a Finance Professional.
Practical language skills will be developed in the following contexts:
- Understanding the Vocabulary of International Finance;
- Successfully presenting the business accounts;
- Understanding the framework of the business cycle;
- Describing accurately financial trends;
- Assessing terminology associated with bad debt and debt recovery;
- Analyzing the vocabulary of recession and its implications;
- Comparing American vs. British terminology – common mistakes; and
- Discussing currency variations and forms of money.
- Understanding the correct use of English within financial reports;
- Drafting emails and letters to reflect financial events;
- Discussing the terminology of takeovers and mergers; and
- Examining examples of company reports.
Applying Role Plays
- Mastering the language of persuasion;
- Expressing strong opinions and recommendations; and
- Successfully addressing Risk.
Describing Company Performance
- Comparing Company performance quarter to quarter;
- Describing and presenting company performance to investors and media;
- Successfully addressing the future – financial uncertainty & financial projections; and
- Discussing the regulatory environment.
- Finance Specific Vocabulary
- Grammar clinic
- Complex pronunciation
- Reading and interpreting the financial press
- Perfecting the language of lobbying and persuasion
- Developing effective written English
Benefits to you:
- Improving your English language skills in a variety of financial contexts;
- Developing your ability to communicate technical financial terminology in English;
- Benchmarking your knowledge with other finance professionals;
- Improving the skill and speed at which you read financial documents;
- Discussing financial case studies;
- Perfecting your skills in presenting financial reports and information in English to be more persuasive and effective;
- Building on your skills in drafting financial letters, emails and reports in English;
FR’s personalized Financial English courses are developed to provide you with the key skills, tools and terminology you need to operate in an ever-competitive international financial environment. Each one of our online Financial English courses is designed and delivered by dual-qualified trainers – finance professionals as well as English trainers – with over 15 years’ international finance experience. Our Financial English programs are available both in individual and group online training formats
Your Financial English course trainer
All FR Financial English course trainers are native speakers with at least 3 years’ professional Financial English training experience. In addition to relevant academic and linguistic qualifications and experience, many of our Financial English trainers also possess considerable exposure and expertise in the professional world. Your Financial English course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is a sample profile of a member of our Financial English training team:
With over 20 years’ experience in the banking sector in London, New York and the Far East, CF comes to us with a very strong financial business background. For the last three years, CF has been teaching business and specialist Financial English courses across a variety of levels in both one-to-one and group situations. She has a good understanding of working with different cultures having spent 8 years living in Dubai with her family